Estimated Time to Read: 3 minutes
Statement necklaces have been trending the fashion world from past few months and the right neck piece can add that perfect final touch to your look. Though thin chains and charms can merge well with any style and body shape but, wearing statement necklaces can be a little tricky. Sporting a chunky necklace can offer you a stylish bold look but if you choose the length and type that does not complement your style or does not suit your neck, it can look very weird. Knowing about different kinds of some of the best statement necklaces available in the market can help you pick the right one for yourself.
Types of necklaces
With a wide array of necklaces available, sometimes picking the correct one for the look you want can be a little difficult. Here are some universal necklace types:
• Tiffany –Though Tiffany is the name of a company but their signature necklaces with heart pendants have become so popular that now all vintage heart necklaces are called Tiffany. These look good on all age groups and blend well with all dresses.
• Pearl – A perfect pearls string can add elegance to any dress and look great on formal occasions.
• Diamond – Diamonds are undoubtedly a girl’s best friend and silver or gold chain with a tiny diamond pendant is perfect for any occasion. A heavy diamond necklace (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-different-types-of-diamond-necklaces.htm), on the other hand will work well for parties and events.
• Name – These are custom made necklaces with the wearer’s name inscribed on it. You can even make it more bespoke by adding your birthstones to it.
• Bead – As the name suggests, these necklaces are made with colorful beads and add a gypsy touch to your attire.
• Statement – Statement necklaces are chunky and bold and can attract everyone’s attention. But they need to be worn with care and in a proper manner.
Here are some things to keep in mind while wearing statement necklaces:
1. Long hair can interfere with the look of your necklace. Therefore, it is always advisable that you tie your hair in a bun or ponytail to keep them away from the face when wearing a statement necklace.
2. Do not wear a flashy dress with your necklace; instead opt for a simple outfit. Wearing a tribal necklace with your favorite black dress will surely add a ‘Wow’ factor to an otherwise simple outfit.
3. The easiest way to wear a heavy neckpiece is to match it with the color of the outfit. For example, wear turquoise statement necklaces with a blue outfit. However, in case you want to complement the colors, make sure it acts as a cohesive element to bind the look together.
4. If you are wearing a dress with neutral colors, adding a burst of color with statement necklace can brighten things up!
5. You should always opt for a neckpiece that complements your neckline. For example, a round necklace will not go well with a square neckline and vice versa.
6. You can even wear a statement necklace in your office if you pair it right. A bright tribal necklace or an elegant gold turquoise statement necklace peeking from the collar of your white button down can look very daring and yet formal.
7. For party wear, try matching your necklace with a chic clutch, glossy satin pumps and sheer tights.
8. And a final tip, always color your lips in a bright hue while wearing a statement necklace as that will help make your neckpiece a few watts brighter.
Pick up the necklace according to the choice of our dress and as per the occasion you are wearing it for. But one thing that you should always remember is that no matter how beautiful your statement necklace is, if it does not complement your face, it can ruin the entire look. So make sure you try on different pieces before selecting the best statement necklace for yourself!
- Christian Jewelry: Ancient Symbols of Faith are Hot New Styles Since time immemorial, jewelry has been an essential part of attire for both men and...