Estimated Time to Read: 3 minutes
What does the word “designer” mean in the world of fashion? It used to mean the powerful fashion houses such as Chanel, Bvlgari, Lacroix and Dior. These days, however, designer also means Justin Beiber, The Olsen twins and whatever pop star of the moment lends their face to a mass produced line of clothing or perfumes. These pop culture brands are fine for the trendy consumer, but when it comes to good old fashioned quality and timeless style, you should look to the time honored, proven designers. This is especially important when purchasing designer swimwear.
Swimwear is sexy, intimate and provocative. No matter what shape you are or what level of fitness you have, you can find swimwear that will fit and flatter your body. When you wear swimwear, you bare more than your body. You bare your personality by choosing fun and flirty fabrics, elegant detailing and flattering lines. Your swimwear makes a statement about you. With such a revealing garment, it is no wonder some women feel shy about putting on a swimsuit. There is no need to fear swimwear, however. The right swimsuit will make any woman look and feel amazing. The right choice for this type of powerful garment is designer swimwear.
So what makes high end swimwear different from the suits you can pick up for cheap at your local Target? Many things!
1. Fabric: mass produced clothing uses inexpensive fabrics to keep costs at a minimum. While this makes for a cheap buy, the fabric often does not hold up to repeated wearing and washings. As swimwear is designed to fit tightly on the body, it must be made from durable fabric. Your body is always moving and your swimsuit will move with you. It will be subjected to your natural body oils, your sweat, grainy sand, salt water, and pool water (read: chemicals). Your swimsuit will need to be washed frequently, which can stretch and break down a suit made of cheap fabrics. Designer swimwear is made from fabric blends that move with your body. They are designed to withstand frequent washings without losing their shape or elasticity. Swimwear made from the right fabric will last many years – and isn’t that what you want when you find that one perfect suit that fits well and makes you feel fabulous?
2. Details: It’s the little details can make or break a look, but plastic beads that crack and break, sewn on sequins that flake and textured designs that peel are not what you want in a swimsuit. Treat yourself to the fine detailing found on designer swimwear; detailing such as pave stone, gunmetal, gold link chain, and elaborate embroidery. Fun, flirty, sexy and sophisticated details like these help you choose a suit that speaks to your personality and frames your best assets.
3. Fit: Fit is the most important part of choosing a swimsuit. Mass produced brands create small, medium, large, and extra-large. However, women are not all shaped the same. A small and a large in a mass produced brand simply means more or less fabric. Other things need to be taken into account, such as breast size, leg length, and the circumference of the waist. Two ladies may be the same weight, but have completely different body shapes. Designer swimwear makes generous accommodations for this by creating several different pieces for their styles. For example, Maaji offers many of their two piece styles in both full or cheeky bottoms. Those that want a little more on their derriere can wear the same style as the ladies that like things a bit more breezy down below. Beach Bunny also offers a range of bottoms for their designs along with adjustable tops. You simply do not get that range of options with cheaper swimwear.
4. Price: You may love the price of swimwear found in big box retail stores and it is true that designer swimwear comes with a higher price tag, but when it comes to a garment as sensuous and sexy as swimwear, opt for quality. Rather than wear an ill fitting garment for a few months only to have it destroyed by frequent wash and wear, invest in a quality swimsuit that fits, flatters and lasts.
These days, it seems like anyone that has had a hit song or a role in a movie can be a designer; but when it comes to choosing swimwear, look for the quality fabrics, the sophisticated details, the carefully designed fit and the value of the higher price. When it comes time to choose that all important part of your wardrobe, always choose designer swimwear.
- The Importance of Swimsuit Accessories For all of the emphasis put into swimwear, there has not been enough focus on...
- Designer Swimwear in Styles that Bring the Beach Home Can anything be better than getting away from everything for a while? Getting out of...
- Why a High Waist Bikini Isn’t So Old Fashioned High waist bikinis are not just the latest fashion fad, but also a boon for...
- Five Tips on How to Choose a Sexy Women’s Underwear Sets Women’s underwear sets are a popular class of lingerie products. They usually comprise of a...