Estimated Time to Read: 3 minutes
As a bride, you spend weeks or even months to pick your bridal gown and the accessories that go with it. What is equally important is to spend sufficient time and put in required to select the right undergarments that go with your bridal gown. Good lingerie for your wedding isn’t just one that fits right or looks great. The set needs to be coordinated well with your gown, and take into account the different nuances of the gown’s design so that it doesn’t show through what you’re wearing. Here are a few tips on how to pick the perfect bridal underwear for your big day.
• The type of bra, panty, and other inner wear that you choose is dependent completely on the style of the gown. Whatever you pick has to remain invisible under your wedding dress. A-line and ball gowns give you a lot of freedom in choosing what you want to wear underneath them. Strapless or backless ones are less flexible, and would need strapless bras and invisible back ones, or even stick-on bras to go with them. Gowns that reveal a lot of cleavage or ones with deep necklines need bras with plunge necklines, so that your bust is supported well without the lingerie peeping through. Similarly, you need to pick panty, which do not have panty lines that show through. Thongs, G-strings, or seamless panties are a good choice in this regard.
• Not just panties or bras, you also need to pick shapewear that complements your bridal wear. This is especially important if you plan to wear a sheath or mermaid gown. Such a shaping lingerie product could be a bustier, a corset, or simply a shaping slip, depending on the style of your garment, and how much room it has to accommodate the shaping underwear.
• Another point to keep in mind is the size and the amount of support that your breasts needs. A strapless bra may not provide sufficient support if you have a large bust. Similarly, you also need to think about how you would fill the gown if you are small busted. The lingerie that you pick has to give you a natural look, and not something that displays what you wear inside is made-up.
• As a bride, you are often bombarded with multitudes of lacy and extremely pretty bras, panties, bustier etc. for your wedding day. Achieving a smooth and invisible look under your wedding dress is more important that wearing one that is sexy. You can reserve the latter for night time, and change into it after you are done with the reception or other wedding ceremonies.
• As with lingerie for your torso, you need to invest sufficient time in picking the right leg wear under your gown, unless you want to go bare legged. Stockings, holdups, garters, garter belts – whatever it is that you pick needs to give you as smooth a finish as possible, and not make it evident that you are wearing them. They also need to be comfortable enough for you to wear through the ceremony.
• The colour of the lingerie is yet another consideration to keep in mind. Bridal gowns are usually white, off-whites or pastel hued. Hence, lingerie in these shades, or in nude colours work best for your special day. Always try on the lingerie under your gown to make sure that colour blends well and does not show through. You may be tempted to wear something bright and colourful to spice things up in the bedroom, but you can always reserve them for the after-hours.
Picking your bridal lingerie is just one part of the preparation for your big day. Try them on for proper fit, and also get used to wearing them a couple of times – especially corsets and bustier, as you may find them uncomfortable initially. You definitely do not want to feel awkward on your wedding day. Also, check for returns or exchange, as you are likely to put on or lose weight closer to the wedding, and you do not want an exorbitantly priced lingerie set lying unused forever.
- Why a High Waist Bikini Isn’t So Old Fashioned High waist bikinis are not just the latest fashion fad, but also a boon for...
- Choose Lingerie Sets to Feel Sensuous and Confident Lingerie today has a bigger role to play than just a functional one. Undergarments that...
- The Importance of Swimsuit Accessories For all of the emphasis put into swimwear, there has not been enough focus on...
- Eight Tips for Buying a High Waisted Bikini That Makes You Look Good One of the worst trends in the fashion world is about having that perfect body....