Estimated Time to Read: 3 minutes
Beautiful long gown or that little black dress, both come under the category of evening dresses. Whether it is an official dinner, a wedding reception, cocktail party or just some fancy charity event, it is essential that you get dressed accordingly. You can’t just pick a dress from the store and expect it to look good on you. You need to know which dress is suitable for what occasion, what kind of dress will suit your body type, and if it will be comfortable before deciding on your ideal ladies evening dress. Following are the steps that will help you do just that:
1. The market is filled with evening dresses in various designs, styles, fabrics, patterns and colors. Choosing a perfect dress for the event will require a lot of thought. Firstly, you should decide the type of event you are going to and the kind of look you want to achieve. For example, if you are going to a cocktail party, you should opt for a sexy little black dress. On the contrary, if it is a formal charity fundraiser, then an elegant long silk evening gown will be more suitable. You can even go through various fashion magazines or blogs to see what you like and what is in trend before you head out to make the purchase.
2. Secondly, calculate your measurements and google them to find out your body type. Some of the common body shapes are pear shaped, apple shaped, vase and hourglass. Determining your shape will help you find that perfect dress. This is because the styles that suit on pear shaped body will look weird for an apple shaped girl. Similarly, while a lady with an hourglass figure would be able to carry all styles with poise, a vase shaped gal will need to carefully choose a dress that will lend a slimming effect for her hips. Moreover, this will also assist you in choosing fabrics that will flatter your figure. Selecting a dress that is suitable according to your body type, will help hide flab on your problem areas and will direct attention to your assets. Also, be careful about the kind of patterns and embellishment you choose, because that also contributes to the overall look of the dress.
3. The next step will be selecting the color of your dress. Each color echoes a trait. While red says boldly beautiful, blue displays confidence, black depicts sophistication, and pink and purple represent a girly charm. By deciding on the kind of mood you want to set for the event, you can select the color of your dress accordingly. Moreover, you should also be careful that no matter what color you select, it should look good on you and suit your skin tone.
4. Then comes the size and fit of the dress. Make sure that your evening dress fits you well. It should not hang too loosely on the shoulders, nor should it be too tight to make you feel uncomfortable. This is because irrespective of how gorgeous a dress is, if the fit is awkward, it will make you look weird.
5. Finally, you should make sure that you are comfortable wearing your dress. A pinching strap, a neck too low or a falling hemline is enough to spoil your entire evening. The fabric of your dress should also be according to the season. While silk will leave you all sweaty in a hot, humid summer beach party, a satin dress will make you shiver in the cold in an outdoor evening event.
Here are some pointers that will help you choose your ideal evening dress:
• If you have an apple shaped body, which means if you are top heavy, then choose dresses with a slight V neckline. Also, you should opt for longer sleeves.
• For a pear shaped body, you should wear dresses that take attention away from your lower half and highlight your top with heavy embellishments on front.
• If you are lucky enough to have an hourglass figure, then dress to highlight your curves and wear belts to accentuate your thin waist.
No matter what kind of evening dress you choose (www.wikihow.com/Choose-an-Evening-Dress-by-Color), it should suit your body type and must reflect your personality. So, keep the above tips in mind and get an ideal stunning evening dress for yourself and be a star at your next party!
- Advice for Getting the Right Large Size Shoes Shoe shopping is an addiction that is too difficult to release. Many people are still...
- Women’s Sleepwear for Extreme Comfort and Utmost Sexiness When it comes to sleepwear for women, the first thing that flickers in the mind...
- Get Your Best and Beautiful Pair of Ladies High Heel Shoes Online High heel shoes have been in vogue since time immemorial. They are an indispensable part...
- Why a High Waist Bikini Isn’t So Old Fashioned High waist bikinis are not just the latest fashion fad, but also a boon for...