Estimated Time to Read: 3 minutes
One of the worst trends in the fashion world is about having that perfect body. This is because all the fashion magazines tell you how an ideal beauty is thin, slender, size 0 figure. But, in real life, how many women do you see sporting this so called ‘perfect’ splendor! So, isn’t it better to just be happy and satisfied with the kind of body you have?
Aim to be healthy and not thin! Having a little extra fat on the body is considered to be one of the worst stigmas and plus sized women tend to hide themselves under layers of clothes lest someone points at their flab. The idea of wearing sexy lingerie or bikini is so revolting to them that they tend to avoid beaches all together. The truth is you are beautiful, irrespective of your size and you will look as sexy as that ‘perfect’ beauty in a stunning bikini designed for your body type.
Buy a high waisted bikini that showcases your body in the best way possible. Here are some tips that will help you pick your ideal swimwear:
1. Always get your high waisted bikini in a breathable and stretchable fabric so that you are comfortable wearing it. Such fabric easily hides all your excess fat without making you feel uncomfortable. It allows sufficient airflow and prevents you from excessive perspiring in the humid summer heat.
2. Make sure you pick up a design that is trendy and makes you look chic. Till a few years back, two piece swimsuits in monochrome colors were in demand, however nowadays they are passé and women like to experiment with their look by wearing bold patterns. The market is filled with high waisted bikinis in various patterns like stripes, polka dots, floral pattern, graffiti, animal prints, neon colors, etc. You can pick one according to your personality and skin tone.
3. As high waisted bikinis offer full coverage, they are capable of hiding the excess flab in the tummy area and love handles. By toning down these trouble areas, these bikinis make you look slimmer and slender. Moreover, by providing extra coverage for crotch area, they are able to prevent your sensitive area from sunburn and any attacks from other outer elements like grime and insects.
4. The secret of getting a perfect bikini is buying a swimsuit that highlights your assets while hiding your flaws. For instance, if you have a flat bust, opt for a padded bikini with more ruffles and frills. On the contrary, if you have a heavier bust, then try to get swimwear with no top embellishments, but peplum or frills at the hips to take attention away from your bosom. A halter neck and underwire bikini might be a perfect choice for such body type.
5. You can draw attention to the body parts that you want to highlight by donning bold patterns and bright colors in that area. You can play with patterns to accentuate a particular part – small patterns will suit a petite body type while bigger patterns are ideal for a larger frame.
6. You should also choose the style of your bikini (www.wikihow.com/Choose-a-Bikini) according to your body shape. This is because while a tankini will highlight your waistline, boy shorts will emphasize your hips, high cut bikini will draw attention to your legs and halter tops accentuate your bust. So, select the type of your swimwear based on the body feature you want to draw focus on.
7. When buying a bikini, focus more on the fit rather than on the size. This is because swim wear tends to expand a bit on getting wet. Therefore, even if you are wearing a bikini that is about your size, it might look awkward if its fit is too small. Try and get a bigger size, if your swimwear looks small on wearing.
8. Last but not the least, also stress on the accessories you wear with your swimwear. A statement necklace, a handcuff or a head band all play a major role in creating your entire look. However, remember that the strongest and the best accessories that you can sport with your high waisted bikini is your million-dollar smile and your confident attitude that will add an extra star to your already fabulous swimwear.
So, do not get obsessed with getting that perfect figure, instead buy swimwear that makes you look perfectly irrespective of your size!
- The Importance of Swimsuit Accessories For all of the emphasis put into swimwear, there has not been enough focus on...
- Real Designer Swimwear What does the word “designer” mean in the world of fashion? It used to mean...
- Why a High Waist Bikini Isn’t So Old Fashioned High waist bikinis are not just the latest fashion fad, but also a boon for...
- Five Tips on How to Choose a Sexy Women’s Underwear Sets Women’s underwear sets are a popular class of lingerie products. They usually comprise of a...