Estimated Time to Read: 3 minutes
Since time immemorial, jewelry has been an essential part of attire for both men and women. Whether it is to indicate the classes, a mark of the marital status, to ward off evil eye, represent spiritual beliefs or simply to look attractive, women have adorned jewelry for various purposes. However, no matter for what reasons you are wearing your ornaments, the main aim is that they should look good and trendy. Nowadays, ancient symbols of faith are a part of the hot new style of jewelry and sporting beautiful cross rings, cross hoop earrings, Christian necklaces, and Christian bracelets is considered very trendy.
Christian jewelry is also considered a great gift as it is conveys your well wishes in the best possible manner. In fact, in many traditions, it is ritualistic that relatives present the newborns with religious trinkets as a symbol of god’s blessings. Christian ornaments are also an excellent present for baptisms, first communions, weddings and house warming.
A wide variety of religious jewelry is available in the market. Every religion has their sacred symbols and icons, which are used in their religious trinkets. While Muslims use prayer verses, Jews sport figures from Kabbalah and Qumran; Egyptians believe Eye of Horus to be their lucky charm while Hindus and Buddhists adorn tiny idols of their religious deity. Some of the most common types of Christian jewelry for women are:
• Cross Rings – Cross rings are an excellent way of keeping heavenly blessings close at hand and conveying your spiritual sentiments in a subtle manner. These rings are available in a wide variety of styles like beaded, carved, cluster rings, bands, double finger cross rings, etc. Double finger ring is the latest fashion fad that is worn on two fingers and sports a cross pattern that covers both the fingers and offers a larger display and an interesting look.
• Cross Hoop Earrings – Hoop earrings are essentially rounded earrings that circle from front to the backside of the earlobe. Cross hoop earrings are either made in a shape of religious cross or have stones studded to make a cross pattern. These earrings look best on the people with slim, long faces and square jaws. If you have a circular face, you should avoid wearing hoop earrings.
• Christian Necklaces – These necklaces feature a Christian cross and are a demonstration of the wearer’s religious beliefs. Even rosaries and prayer beads are also considered as a type of Christian necklace.
• Christian Bracelets – Literally wear your faith on your sleeves with Christian bracelets. These bracelets are available in various materials and designs. You can choose anything from a cheap silicone one to an expensive gold or diamond bracelet (www.ehow.com/how_4925853_out-diamond-bracelet-real.html). They either have a cross pattern or a bible verse inscribed around them.
• Lapel Pins – Wearing a beautiful gold plated lapel pin with an exquisite carved cross elegantly portrays your support and love for your religion and also looks very chic and fashionable.
However, there has always been a debate whether one should wear Christian jewelry or not. Most of the Christian jewelry pieces are decorated with crosses and it is often considered inappropriate to wear them as in ancient times crucifixes were used as an instrument of death. But the ones, who wear it, do it as a mark of respect to Christ’s sacrifice and as a symbol of their love and respect.
Whether you want to sport a cross, wear religious symbol or adorn the face of a patron saint or a religious verse, do it with a reason. What you wear shows who you are; so you should only wear jewelry with religious imagery if you really believe in what it stands for. So, go ahead buy gorgeous religious jewelry like cross rings, cross hoop earrings, Christian necklaces or Christian bracelets and literally wear your faith on your sleeve, all while making your very own style statement!
- Statement Necklaces: An Easy Way to Update Your Look and Express Your Sense of Style Statement necklaces have been trending the fashion world from past few months and the right...